Monday, August 11, 2014

Letter on Monday, August 11th

Hey Everyone!

Thanks for all the birthday wishes! It was the best birthday EVER! We
had way too much fun.  Its really not missionary work... its
missionary fun.  I'm so cheesy :D Don't cha miss me?! :D

We totally crashed a party on Saturday.  Obviously I had to crash a
party on my birthday since I couldn't have my own ;) So long story
short, we were out knocking and we came to a house that has a sign on
the door saying something like "mmmbye2014 party- just come around
back" So we knock the door and then i'm like wait a sec... are they
having a party? Is this sign for today?! :D So the mom comes to the
door, assumes we are there for the party and waves us to the backyard.
So what do we do?? We crash the party of course.  Luckily there were
only like 3 high school kids back there playing video games. Can you
imagine if it would have been some raging party?! We were dying.  The
best part is we totally got the guys contact info for the Bayshore
missionaries. He said we are welcome back anytime.  It was probably
one of my favorite experiences thus far on the mission.  Leave it to
the mormon missionaries to crash your party.

Another awesome moment this week was when Sister Cook and I went to
help the elders out at a service project.  They gave us the assignment
of trimming the 8 foot hedges. Luckily Sister Cook is a beast and I
was able to resurrect my cheerleading skills and we trimmed the
hedge...as one big Siamese missionary. It was quite a sight... I'm
sorry you missed.  The pictures really wont do it justice.  We are
awesome.

 It was Elizabeths 60th birthday on Wednesday so we had a joint
scripture study/ birthday party with Elizabeth, Sister McGibney and
Sister Lopez. I love those girls so much. It was so fun to celebrate
with them and then discuss something so dear to our hearts. I love the
members here!

The work here is going great! We are working with quite a few less
actives to help them get back to the temple. We get to go do baptisms
with a couple of them on the 23rd and one of the sisters we've been
working with will be getting sealed to her husband who passed away.
It's been such a privilege to help them prepare. Also the other day we
found 3 new investigators. One of them is a new mom with some family
members who are LDS, the other a nurse practitioner, and the last is a
young guy who works 2 jobs and said he could "use some Jesus in his
life". We've already seen so many miracles here and I feel so blessed.
Missions are the best!!

Well I hope you all have a great week! I miss you and love you!

Love your anciently old arthritis stricken sister,

Sister Robertson

1. Just some more yard work
2. Siamese missionary
3. Birthday lunch with Elizabeth
4. Birthday package! Yay!
5. Elizabeths birthday party




No comments:

Post a Comment